Wednesday, May 9, 2012

In case you didn't know...

I was sooooo excited to complete a sewing project from start to finish all on my own.  


I got my inspiration from The Cottage Home, I saw one of their pillowcase projects on Pinterest.  I looked over the directions and knew I could pull this off on my own.  

One of the first things I learned at my lessons was how to do a french seam.  The french seam gives the inside of a garment/project a clean finished look, no unfinished/raw edges exposed.

I picked colors that would match my current bedspread, even though I wanted to make a pillowcase with the most adorable fabric that had popsicles on it.   While at the fabric store I also picked up a rotary cutter, mat and ruler.  This made the cutting easier.  

The project was called the 15 minute pillowcase, and it took me about an hour.  I really took my time and followed the directions, which is essential for a someone new to sewing.
 I really was pleased with the final results, just ask my family, I walked around the house with the pillow showing them for two days.




1 comment:

  1. Love it! And I see nothing wrong with laying your weary head down on a pillow with popsicles!

    ReplyDelete