Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake




Probably one of my favorite products is Bisquick, I have three cookbooks dedicated to the mix.  I also buy it in bulk at Costco, the large box lasts about a month in our house.  From pancakes to waffles, biscuits to cake, I really use my fair share.

So I was having some friends over for a little crafting and I was looking for a quick easy dessert to make with what I had available in the house, as I was in no mood to make a run to the store last minute.  I reached for my Best Bisquick Recipe Cookbook and found the Cream Cheese Pound Cake.  About 5 minutes later all of the ingredients were mixed and waiting for the oven to finish preheating.  The recipe called for 55-60 minutes in the oven, and I have come to the conclusion I have a hot oven so I lessened the amount of time to 45 minutes and checked early.  It was done at the 45 minute mark.

I expected the cake to be moister, but I am going to attribute that to the hot oven and will be purchasing myself a thermometer for the oven.  All in all it was a tasty cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment