Sunday, June 5, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins




I am always looking something to do with very ripe bananas.  I came across this recipe in an email, I don't know which website it came from as I get a ton of recipes in my email almost on a daily basis.  This one called for ingredients I had on hand, which is always important.  

One of the ingredients I swapped out was regular chocolate chips for white chocolate chunks, that was because I just prefer a regular chocolate.  I also choose mini-chips over chunks, I felt that would give more chocolate flavor in every bite.

This recipe turned out to be a keeper, they were moist, tasty and easy to make.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 3/4 cups (225 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (100 grams) white granulated sugar
1/4 cup (55 grams) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (2 ounces) (65 grams) chocolate chips or chunks
3 large ripe bananas (approximately 1 pound or 454 grams), mashed well (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
I always start by mashing the bananas with a potato masher right in the bowl I am mixing everything in.  The pour the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.  Mix well, but don't over mix otherwise muffins will be tough.  Spoon evenly among a 12 cup muffin tin that has been coated with cooking spray.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, then test with a toothpick until it comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment