Sunday, February 27, 2011

Valentine Cupcake: Mexican Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes

I had to make a little chocolate Valentine treat, but I wanted it to be something different.  Once again I turned to the Cake Mix Doctor Chocolate Recipes.  One of the most important things I look for in a recipe, next to tasty sounding, is do I have the ingredients in the house when I want to make them now.

The final product was good but I felt like this cupcake needed some frosting next time, a chocolate frosting with a touch of cinnamon.  Needless to say they didn't complain at work about the lack of frosting.

Recipe
1 package plain devils food cake
1 package (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 cup cinnamon chips

Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.  Mix all ingredients except the chips with a mixer for about 2 minutes.  Mix in chips.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 the way.  Bake 23-27 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment